Thursday, September 5, 2013

Setbacks Happen (Day 11)

Day 11 was a minor setback, but it wasn't my fault. I was pretty sick from the time I woke up until the time I attempted to go to sleep. My throat hurt whenever I tried to swallow or even breathe. Working out was just not an option. I was in bed all day. I had to keep a towel over my mouth and nose the entire day because it hurt too much to breathe cold, unfiltered air. Lightheadedness, congestion, and inability to eat; you can bet I had a wonderful day.

What is the takeaway from today? Setbacks are inevitable, and you must account for them ahead of time. Some things in life are out of your control. Tight schedules are daily offset by minor setbacks. Allow yourself some wiggle room in your schedule, or you could fall behind. Often, its not the setback itself that is a major problem. The snowball effect that a minor setback can have is what you should look out for. Don't let an inconvenience turn into a disaster.

That's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment